Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2006

My Comic Book - Day 9 - Page 21

Hoo-RAH! I finished page 21! I really pushed it today, but I definitely worked more than 8 hours. It was good because I got this page out of the way, but bad because I still took longer than 8 hours to finish it, from blue pencil layouts to finished pencils! I left more spaces for ol' Phil to darken in, giving me more time to focus on line weight than manually trying to pencil in my darks (I end up doing some that way anyways).

Most of my day was spent on refining this page from the layouts, and the character clutching the wire on panel 3 was the hardest one for me to do. Actually there are many inconsistencies I can see throughout the book, and things I'd like to go back in and fix. But I figure, instead of going back, I'll move forward and get better with practice and just sheer quantity of drawing. I see alot of comic book artists that start out with me not liking their stuff at all, but because they're always working, always drawing they become these amazing artists. And why? Not cuz they spend eternity nit picking their page to death, but because they just simply keep drawing and moving forward. Hmmm... that's a good excuse for me to keep being careless and going off model!

Some of today was spent with me trying to find car insurance and talking to the dealership! Just think, tomorrow I will be a car-less wonder no more! And also tomorrow, I will most probably be doing the biggest slacking off of my comic book ever! Ah well, can't win them all! Until tomorrows' post!
Aydeeeyoz!

5 comments:

roque said...

This page turned out fun! And that looks like you punching MUNI in the gut!

Biggedy said...

I am so tempted to have a word bubble or sound effect in panel 3 that says: "ooooooohhhh". So when it leads into panel 4... yeah, okay, I know that's dumb! I get a car today! I get a car today!

Biggedy said...

Hey Karla! Thanks! Well hey, if you want that non-photo to stay you should use those pencils I was messing around with! Where are you at nowadays? Last time I saw you was in Boston and we were playing "make-up-whatever-word-you want" scrabble!

Biggedy said...

Oh yeah, still in SF alright! Wow so you're teaching at BU, so do they call you like Professor Z? Though Professor K's kinda cool too! Yeah I've been working in Maya nowadays too, a majority of what I know is more on the animation side though.

Biggedy said...

What? Oh snap! You're married? Congratulations! Who's your man?! Any pics up on the net? How long have you been married? Oh and yes Roque's married. And here's something to add on to that: He's got a kid about 2 months old! And I am uncle biggedy! And yes we are old!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...