Pages

Monday, September 18, 2006

My Comic Book - Day 10 - Page 22


I had a few errands to run today so I had a pretty short work day. Maybe 4 hours. Tops. And not even a very concentrated 4 hours at that.

Though I feel like I slacked off, I was very surprised at how quickly I was able to get the shapes blocked in today for this page. I think because a lot of thinking is already finished in the thumbnail stage, this laying out process actually goes by fast. Definitely my choice to keep the style very simple, affords me to focus on my storytelling more.

Unfortunately, I have a 'phobia panel' in this page, and that's going to be panel 6. It's a shot of the defunct robot falling on top of the main character. Fortunately, I got a bunch of other panels to keep me busy. I think my hands will be pretty tired after this page too: there's going to be a lot of lettering involved.

I think with my vacation wrapping up, I'm feeling more of a need to relax a little. So this page I think I'll stretch out until Wednesday to finish up. In the meantime, I can catch up on laundry, some doing-nothing-time and just enjoying the rest of my vacation. Though I'm not going to finish my book by the end of vacation, I'm still going to hit my 22 pages mark! Aaaand that's it for tonight! Paalam and aydeeeyos!

2 comments:

Jo Bling said...

Excellent site and wonderful artwork, Arvin. Especially like seeing the blue pencils, sir. Found my way via Ghostbot :-)

Biggedy said...

Thanks for the kind words! Everybody seems to dig the non-photo blue line! I enjoyed your blog as well, what a great body of work! I noticed you had some comic book pages too... and since I'm quite the comic book nut, any chance you'll be dipping back into finishing them off? Love those Beatniks by the way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...