Pages

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Scatterbrain Pin-Up - Step by Step Part Two

This next step in the process actually took me longer to do than I planned for. I wanted to approach this in a different style from Galactic man and am planning for more darks, shadows and realism. I haven't worked in a 'realistic' style in awhile, so it took me some time to figure out how to draw things!

Since I was having such a hard time getting a good start on the pencils, I took some photo references to get me all prepped up. I have a hard time making stuff up like shadows and folds as is, so a little reference material goes a long way! Like so:



I have a slew of other pictures , but since I make a bunch of really silly faces in them, I opted not to share that with the rest of the world! Anyway, you probably get the gist! Since this step was so big for me to get my brain moving, I decided to make this a separate post. Next up the non-photo blue pencils! Oh and my having a random plastic skull model (whom I've cheesely dubbed 'Scully') hanging out in my apartment came in pretty handy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...