Pages

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Scatterbrain Pin-Up - Step by Step Part Six

I would like to think that it's taken me this long to put this project to finish because I was really having a hard time deciding what colors to use, or that it was difficult to try not to over-burden the drawing with colors and yada yada yada. Maybe it's just me, but I'll make this sweeping statement: I think artists have this mutant ability to procrastinate and get sidetracked... And I totally used my mutant ability to the fullest in this case!

Hmmm, I just thought of a few artist friends of mine that totally break that theory... Actually, more than a few! Okay, okay, I'll admit it! I'm lazy! But I am side-tracked and lazy no more! I had a hard time pinning down what colors I wanted to use so I made a few test pieces just to get a general sense of what I wanted:


I ended up leaning towards the red background more, just because it made the it made the image lean more towards the horror. I swear I must've gone over these color comps a million times and was running myself around in circles, luckily I had a friend online that I could send these color thumbnails to, to get a fresh perspective and that really broke the stalemate and got me going onto my next step for final colors. Thanks Doreen!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...