Pages

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

My Comic Book: Issue 3 Page 7 and some dumbness

Well, I just did something totally stupid.

When I start a new page, I usually use the previous page as a template; it's already got existing panels, lettering, and guidelines. I usually open it up then save out the same file as the next page, then start working.

In my lame-brained moment, I forgot to save out the file as the next iteration. So instead I saved OVER the old page (page 6) and totally lost all my work. Almost all of it except for what I posted up online. I can recover the page still and I've definitely gotten hit by worse, but it does nag at me that I pulled such a rookie mistake! Gah!

Strangely I'm not TOO angry at myself. Yet. Wait 'til I start re-tracing that page all over again...

Anyhow, I got a teeny bit of work done tonight. My thumbnails are, again, very rough, but this time around even though I haven't even finished the layouts, I've already started attacking the page. Probably not a good idea, but I just wanted to get this page movin'.

Rough unfinished layout for page 7 and a little bit of the script

not sure if the panel divisions will stay the same for the 2nd and 3rd tiers
 I really cannot believe I overwrote my file for page 6, after all that time I spent on it lat week! I must still be tired... sigh...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...