Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

My Comic Book: Issue 3 Page 7 WIP


It's amazing how long that second panel took me to draw. Considering I already had a tight sketch of the kid already done, it really bothered me that I couldn't just finish it. Knowing that I wanted a lot of overlapping dialogue in this panel, I did the balloon layouts first.

However, I flip-flopped and kept changing the dialogue so many times, I just spent an eternity (at least it felt like it) getting those balloons laid out. I changed the top panel a little to make sure I could place word balloons in them too.

Well I guess I can also add in the fact that my wife had the flu for a week, so I was taking care of the baby all week, so that was tough. I took a few days off  to do so, but it's not really a vacation I'll tell you that! In between baby naps, I'd try to work on this page, hoping to finish it within the week, but I was so writers'/artists' blocked the whole time and distracted, it was pretty agonizing.

Anyway, I'd better sleep now, I'm back to work tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure my baby will be up early again!

2 comments:

in80dates said...

Hope you guys are feeling better!

Biggedy said...

We are all feeling much better now, but that was a tough week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...