Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

I love Virtua Fighter. I'm not very good at it, but I LOVE Virtua Fighter.

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown by Sega got released around a month ago as a downloadable game for the xbox and PS3 for 15 bucks! It's such a steal! Virtua Fighter is one of the the deepest fighting games out there. I was so excited when it finally came out onto the console since it was only available in the arcades for awhile.

I drew up some sketches of the characters, while waiting for things to render at work. I worked really messy with a ball-point pen. They're not very finished, but I liked how loose I got drawing like this.

Jacky Bryant is the character I like playing as.
 Jacky was the first character I drew, and I was still still trying to get used to drawing in this style, so it's a bit stiff. I missed a lot of details in his jacket too. I like the cheesy one-liners the characters would say in the games so I incorporated some of their lines in the drawings.

Of the newer characters, I liked trying to learn El Blaze.
 My anatomy still needs a lot of work, so this next one you can still see I was struggling a lot with the drawing. However, this way of drawing lets me be messy and make mistakes, and it's okay! Everything looks like a mess anyways!

A friend of mine, likes to man Jeffrey as his fighter.
There was a lot of re-drawing going on in this Jeffery sketch, but I got it to something that I'm okay with.

UPDATE: I did this Sarah drawing the day after I posted this first batch. I just had to include her line. I remember doing a double-spit-take the first time I heard her say it in the game (VF2?). Also looks like I have some different tasks going on at work so this might be the last of these sketches...

Not really the pose she was in when she said this.
I love Virtua Fighter. Have I mentioned how much I love Virtua Fighter? Awhile ago, I randomly ran into Yu Suzuki, the creator of the game, at an E3 right as he was leaving, and I just had to have him sign my copy! Check it out:

Probably not worth anything, but worth a lot to me!
It's sad that more people don't play this game. It's actually pretty easy to get into, just 3 buttons, block, punch and kick. It's definitely not as flashy as any of the other fighters out there, but man, the satisfaction of actually figuring out a character is pretty amazing. I also love that button mashing is not rewarded in this game, scrubs will get punished.

Anyhow, that's it for today. On a random note: I'm getting my free preview tickets for The Dark Knight Rises tomorrow! YAY! Good night and God bless.

1 comment:

60Hz said...

Awesome stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...