Pages

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

My Comic Book: Issue 3 Cover WIP part 3

I'm onto the coloring stage now, and I'm starting to bring out certain elements better on the cover. I'm not so sold on the way my name looks on it or that area around Mur's feet, but we'll see. 


I think I'm getting a little too detailed with the feathering on the shadow color on her fingers, but we'll see how I feel about it when I come back later. Towards the bottom of the cover I feel like... I'm missing 'stuff'. Not sure how I feel about that either...

But otherwise, I think I'm heading in the right direction with this. I've been slow in getting back onto the sequentials of issue 3, so switching to doing these covers is helping me build back up to it. They're fun and at least I'm still making progress even though I'm being lazy!

What I've found interesting as I'm doing these covers, is that I think in the back of my mind I'm not really creating them for visibility on the shelves. Or at least not in the traditional Marvel/DC way. Logos are usually at the top of comic books and number information is normally at some consistent area and there's usually some room given to the barcode box (maybe not as much anymore). Also as a graphic design rule, Logos shouldn't be messed with as much as I've been distorting mine on the covers! When I step back from these covers and take a look at them with that in mind... they fail pretty miserably!

I think since I'm publishing with selling it through a digital store in mind or even at a booth at a comic book convention, I'm not concerned with those factors, or maybe I'm just lazy. I dunno, just an observation...




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...