Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Comic: Page four and five colors

Got some more updates for my comic book. Everything seems to be going well. I do have to confess though, I can't believe how long I take dwelling on colors, especially on something so simple! The reds really weren't a problem, but for some crazy reason, I had a hard time deciding on what color the shine of her eyes would be on panel two of page six.


I kept switching from a light red or sky blue, to an undersaturated blue, to a white, to a dark green, to black, to... well you get the picture. On one hand a red hue was the safe bet, but when I slapped that blue on there, there was something nice about it (at least to me). I kept stressing out whether people will get thrown off by it too much. Anyway, I ended up going with the blue of the sky. It makes for a nice highlight, and connects the panel to everything else. I think what really clinched it for me was that it also signified what she's looking at (the sky outside). Now I don't know if anybody's gonna even get that, but in my head (for now) it makes sense. That blue color is also the perfect lead in for the next page.

Well, at least if I can get it to work! Tune in!

2 comments:

roque said...

I think the lesson learned here is "follow your gut!" This is some of the best work (color or work period) that I've seen you do. I think it's because it's yours and it's what you love! Awesome. Awesome.

One 2 cent comment from the peanut gallery: I love the blue in her eyes! It would be nice to have some blue in that third panel (with the hands) just to carry it through all of them. Even if it's a slight hilite on her hands or that round bolt, something. I love the touches of it in all the other panels.

Biggedy said...

Good call! Hmmm "round bolt, something"... uh oh. Guess that panel ended up more abstract than I thought! Haha! That thing's her hat! Anyways, I did add the blue to the gloves, but that seemed off to me because I never highlight her anywhere in the sequence with that color.

But I liked how the blue was interacting with the red, so instead I placed the highlight on her hat which looks pretty good!Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...