Pages

Thursday, December 28, 2006

My Comic Book - Page 24 - Finishes Part 1


Yep. Still procrastinating!

The more I stress out about finishing my pages the more I'm freezing up. I'm placing a lot of pressure on myself to finish these last few pages, and frankly it hasn't been fun. So much in fact, that I'm subconsciously trying to find other things to do to avoid working on the pages. Or just getting hit by a nap attack (yeah, yeah, Garfield reference, so sue me).

I need to ease up on myself. Luckily, I'm 'working' for myself on this. So, I can afford to cut me some slack (or fire myself, but that would just be weird)! This week has been busier than I thought it should be, I've had many things to do and people to see, it hasn't really been quite the 'free' week I've wanted. Or a vacation either for that matt
er. So, I'm changing that.

I think I'm starting to accept that I'm not going to be able to finish 2 pages before the end of this year. True, I've missed the schedule that I set for myself in the beginning of the year, but it's not so bad. I think I'll enjoy the rest of my break and finish up these pages at my own pace. I'm stressing out about finishing this book so much, that I'm forgetting I'm supposed to be having fun while doing it!

Anyways, this doesn't mean that I'll be throwing
out my comic book schedule completely out the window. It's still the same deal, a book a year. But for this last week? I'm actually going to enjoy my vacation! Maybe I'm just trying to justify my slow speed but, I think I'll be okay as long as I make sure to keep chipping away at these pages in small but frequent intervals. In due time I think I can catch up to the schedule.

And while I'm recuperating from beating myself up from slacking, there's some great news! Today was comic book day, and I picked up my friend Shanth Enjeti's book "Starship Troopers: Damaged Justice" issue one! Awesome inspiration that definitely puts me to shame! This guy has a wife, twins and two teaching jobs to run and he still finishes a book in a quarter of the time it took me to do mine! I should be ashamed! But right now I'm too excited that I actually have a copy of his book in my hands! Visit his blog for some peeks under the comic books hood! Go Shanth man!

And that's it for tonight! Good night and God bless!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...