Pages

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

My Comic Book: Mock up prep

All pages of issue number two are done!

Now, I'm going to do a test print with a mock-up cover and send it off to Ka-Blam to print. However, I'm not completely done: I still have to prepthe interiors and do a cover. But this test print will help me take a look at how my colors will come out. Here are the mock-up, inside back and back covers.

Mock-up cover

Inside front cover

Back cover
Tomorrow, I'll start cutting up the pages to the right size and getting it ready to upload and place an order in. Boring stuff, but it's a nice feeling to get my pages in order. The neverending battle continues!

5 comments:

Shanth Enjeti said...

This work blows my mind.

I've been really getting into Bauhaus artist Joost Schmidt's poster and design work. This cover layout is very "International Style". I know it is a ton of work, but you make it look effortless.

Brilliant.

Biggedy said...

Thanks man! But that won't be the cover, that's just a little something so I can send it off to the printer. While I do like it, I don't think the kiddies will gravitate to it! I'll try to whip up a more flashy cover in the next few weeks!

Oh and I'm getting spammed by this Kevin or Kevin21 person like crazy. I honestly have no idea why I'd be a spam target, I don't get that much traffic!

So bear with me as I keep deleting their posts. And do buy their coats!

Igor@bookmockup said...

A great looking cover! Nice and clean. You also used tiles with this design, which gives an instant connection to comic book. Keep it up ;)

Biggedy said...

Oh I'm glad you liked it Igor! It's just me messing around though and it won't be the final print. Hmmm, gives me more confidence about it though, maybe I can use it for something else?

bk marks and broomsticks said...

Thank you for writing tthis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...