Pages

Friday, July 01, 2011

My Comic Book: Pages 16, 17, 19 to do lists and lettering


I finished 'inking' my last page around 3 or 4 pages ago! So now I'm onto the fun parts like coloring and lettering, and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way!

For some reason there's always this great feeling when I'm attaching word bubbles to characters: it's like my story starts coming more to life, one bubble at a time. When I'm applying colors, I find it's a lot of fun trying to bring more focus (or less) to things that are needed to make the story coherent. Maybe, mentally I just feel like the hardest part (for me) is done, and I can see the end in sight.

Here are a few pages that I've finished up:

Page 16

Page 17

Page 19

Here's a screenshot of my lettering process. I use Blambots' "Crime Fighter" font for my books. They do some great fonts and offer certain ones free for independent creators. But even if you had to pay for them, they're pretty inexpensive.

Yes, I am using a dirt old version of Photoshop: 4.5!

As I'm starting to put the polish to the book, I'll go through the pages one by one, trouble shooting any mistakes I may have made and making a little checklist for myself. And for a pretty unorganized guy like me, to-do lists are great!


That's it for today! The neverending battle continues!  

3 comments:

Marcus said...

You are cheating! I can't keep up!
Pages are looking nice. Can't wait for the final book!

Biggedy said...

Better keep up man!

Shanth Enjeti said...

Your work is looking just amazing! I took out my copy of the first issue the other day. Bring on Kid Hotshot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...