Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Jetsons

Just posting up a couple of Jetsons drawings I previously did. I never really watched a lot of the Jetsons growing up. I saw a lot more Flintstones instead.

But doing some research when I was prepping up for these drawings was a lot of fun. It was cool to see how these characters were constructed and trying to figure them out. Plus it was a great excuse to watch some episodes!

This first one I did was pretty much standard, by the numbers action shot.


Some people had remarked that it looked like the Jetsons vs. Arvin's robots. And it pretty much is because I hadn't had the chance to soak up the Hanna Barbera style at the time I drew this (... still haven't!)

This second one was a little unorthodox. It started off quickly and I was pretty confident that I got the composition figured out so 'easily'. Oh how little did I know! Here's the early thumbnail:

The finish was a struggle. The shape of the drawing changed many times and I was trying to wrap my head around how it would work. I drew the image in 3 different segments and I had to manipulate those assets in the computer later. I was fighting with it until the end, it was pretty frustrating.
I ended up with this crazy long image. Kinda cool I suppose but rather unwieldy and odd! Oh well, that's what I get for charging in there like the Sandman with no back up from the sinister six (snort)!

This Episode of the Jetsons was a pretty good one! See if you can track it down! Eep! Opp! Ork! Ah! Ah!
Until next time! Good Night and God Bless!

2 comments:

Angelo Vilar said...

love your stuff mang! pinoy power!

Biggedy said...

Thanks dude! Mabuhay ang Pilipino!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...