Pages

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

My Comic Book: More test prints

So the prints I had ordered from Ka-Blam are back. I noticed their paper stock had changed from the first issue, so I sent in an order for the first issue to test that out along with my second issue.

The first issue's print with the new paper stock is okay. The printer seems to have a problem with pinks/magentas and blues. My sky blue color is more of an aqua-ish (closer to blue) hue, but the new printing seems to just drop the green and prints out a blue.

My magenta/pink colors become more of a red and are really printing bright.

Can you tell which print is which?
So in the picture above, The first print is on the left and the second print is on the right. On the cover, the colors are less saturated than the first print and is not too bad. Over all I think it's acceptable. However, I'm going to try to re-process it a little with this new stock in mind and re-layout where the Ka-Blam ad goes. I forgot that I can shave off a few cents if I place the Ka-Blam ad on the outside back cover instead of the interiors. I can then pass the savings onto the reader.

Onto the second issue's 2nd test print.

Too Blue.
The blues I used on the cover got pushed too far into the Cyan range. The blue of this cover was planned to be lighter and closer to a baby-blue range. The light shadow's on the character's faces got printed pretty dark, almost as dark as the outline that surrounds them. The lighter colors are pushed to far to the white range. Contrast withing the blues is too much. And on top of that I'm not to crazy about the color of blue it's in.

The interior changes I did are looking okay. Some are more successful than others, some light colors are still to bright, but over all it's looking good in there.

Okay, so back to the coloring board! Almost there! Good morning and God Bless!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...