Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Special thanks

Hooray! My games have been announced! I just wanted to do a quick post with some links of screen shots and videos. It's always quite exciting to see a little bit of buzz at the end of a project. It almost makes me forget all the crud the team had to go through to get this stuff done... Almost!

Well, we're not out of the woods yet, there's still a few more things needed to be done to tidy everything up. But for now, it's cool for once to see the game screens on something other than my dev kit.

Maybe later on when these games are actually out the door and downloadable, I'll start posting up some of the character designs and pre-production stuff I did. For now work your way over these links:

Commando 3: Wolf of the Battlefield

http://www.gamespot.com/video/943724/6187647/wolf-of-the-battlefield-commando-3-official-trailer-1

http://kotaku.com/367289/gallery-wolf-of-the-battlefield-commando-3

1942: Joint Strike

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/188546.html

http://kotaku.com/367292/gallery-1942-joint-strike

There are a lot of factors that went into going into this game and a lot of unknown things to plan for, everygame does. Anyway, the more I look at these two games (Commando and 1942) and how they were able to come together, the more thankful I become to God. I've been blown away by how many 'coincidences' fell into place to get these games pumped out in such an excruciatingly small amount of time. It's absolutely impossible! These games are a testimony and a milestone to me of God's amazing hand.

The sad part of it all is I couldn't even include God as a special thanks into the credits. I guess it's policy not to have religion in the credits. The credits! In our own personal thanks! I couldn't even do that. Can you imagine that? I remember being able to do it a few years back, but nowadays it seems people are getting touchy over who other people wish to thank! Amazing. Will wonders never cease. Sigh.

Well, I still have my Blog, so this posting is a giant special thanks to my God. Definitely without whom I would have utterly gone insane and turned into a sniffling, crying ball of flesh during the course of these projects (moreso than now)! Thanks for His guiding hand and assuring me everything will be okay, even when I was so highly strung and stressed.

My biggest shame is that I let these games overtake my life, and ignore everything else, even Him. But my biggest joy is in knowing that even though I did that He never turned His back on me, He was always there.

If this kind of praise offends you, what can I say? It's the truth and this is my Blog. You can find your "politically correct" views in any number TV shows, websites, magazines and so on these days. And you know what? You can find it in the special thanks section of video game credits too.

But here? I get to praise Him. I mean it when I say it old-school: Thanks be to God! Good day, and God Bless. Until my next post!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats 'pre!

Biggedy said...

Thanks dude!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...