Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

1942: Plane concepts

Here's a couple concept pieces I did for 1942: Joint Strike. With the constant back and forth we had with the client designing characters for Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3, we decided that we wanted a less character driven 1942. It was such a back-breaking endeavor for me to create cutscenes and try to single handedly do all the character design work for C3: WOTB, that cutting out characters for 1942 sounded like such a good idea (even though I like having characters in the game).

I had actually started warming up to the world war 2 characters theme outside of work, on my free time, and even created some characters. Luckily, we shot that idea down from the get go, otherwise I'd be so burnt out after shipping 1942. For 1942, the characters were the planes themselves and not so much the pilots. So I went about drawing a P38 Lightning and a D98 Mosquito.


Boy, these sketches just proved to me how much practice I need with vehicles and perspective! I am so bad at vehicles, it's not even funny! I had such a hard time getting these things to look like some form of plane! This task definitely led me to a great appreciation of technical illustrators and industrial designers.

That's it for this morning! Next post, I'll go back to the character designs of Commando 3! Sa susunod...!

4 comments:

roque said...

These are awesome! Put them in your portfolio!

Anonymous said...

Bro, next time you need help with aircraft particularly with military aircraft just holla at me! You know how much of war/military nut I am haha...Since you already have the Lightning and the Mosquito there, maybe you ought to add the Black Widow (P-61) too.

Biggedy said...

Too late dude! We already released 1942 for XBLA and PSN. But yeah I should've tapped into your brain for some planes we could've used in the game!

Unknown said...

Dude, these shoots look really great man. i like the paint look on them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...